Sunday, May 10, 2015

In My Home ~ Week 1

Greetings! 

Stopping in with a little update.  I wish I was more consistent with blogging (smile).  I think it's such a nice way to record what's going on in our family and home but life gets busy and blogging gets forgotten.

Isn't this a lovely picture?  I adore it, especially the cat curled up on the rug and the sheets on the clothes line.




In my home this last week.

~*~ On Sunday we went to Mass for my nephew and godchild's  First Communion.  After Mass we celebrated at his home with our extended family and enjoyed an afternoon outside while the children played.  I snapped this picture of my daughter (on the right in the white shirt) and my sister in law that afternoon.  They are due a week apart. 



~*~ Andrew went with Scott in the semi.  They went to South Carolina, then up to North Carolina and then back home to Minnesota.  I think it's so neat that the kids get an opportunity to spend time with their dad like this.  It is the one memory each of the kids has and remembers fondly.

~*~ I spent most of this week (and last) reading recipes, watching videos and then in the kitchen.  I am following a Protective Diet for 30 days.  It is a vegan diet that also eliminates oil, sugar, nuts and additives.  Previously I have been having trouble sleeping, horrible daily headaches, fibromyalgia muscle pain and digestive issues.  So far I am sleeping great and best of all no headaches for over a week!!!  Here are a few pictures of the food I've enjoyed while dropping over 7 pounds in less than 2 weeks.






 
 

~*~  I've been off of coffee now for two weeks and oddly enough I am not missing it at all.  If you know me personally, you know how much I have always enjoyed my morning coffee during my quiet time.  I've substituted my morning cup of coffee for an organic green tea with peppermint and it is just as satisfying.

~*~ On the weekends Scott has been busy building our new wrap around deck.  Part of the deck is covered and the other is open.  I can't wait for it all to be done and to enjoy some meals on the deck this summer.

~*~ I worked on crocheting a new hat for my mother in law who lost her hair recently as a result of the chemotherapy.  I chose a lovely light sea blue color and gave it to her this afternoon.  It fit perfectly and she looked beautiful.  <3

~*~ Temps this week will be cooler but I'm thankful that I don't have snow like my close friend did in Wyoming this weekend.  I think I might curl up and cry if it snowed.  :)  Her 12 year old daughter looked out the window yesterday and declared, "I better get another Christmas out of this!"  Haha! 

~*~ Christopher mowed the yard for the first time this year.  I love the smell of freshly cut grass drifting in through the open windows.  I'm waiting for my crab apple trees to bloom.  Usually they bloom around the 10th, but they don't appear quite ready yet.  Here is a picture of them from a few years ago.

 
 
~*~ My mother gave me this pantry cupboard that belonged to my dad's grandmother, then his mother and most recently resided at my parents home.  I am using it to keep my foods separate from the families.  I adore it!  I'd like to repaper the shelves though.
 


Thanks for visiting and reading.  Have a great week, friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment