Monday, March 23, 2015

MinneSNOWta Daybook

For Today... March 23, 2015
 


Outside my window...  Snow...  Lots of snow.  I shouldn't be surprised and I definitely shouldn't have put away all of our winter things last week.  I was a bit hasty in my desire for Winter to be over.  In my defense though it was almost 70 a week and a half ago!

 

I am thinking... about this Scripture today. 

 
 
I am thankful... for a chance to celebrate my daughter's birthday with her this last weekend and to have both my parents and Scott's here for her birthday lunch.  Here is a picture I took of her on Saturday.  Such a beautiful smile and baby bump.  :)

 


I am wearing...  capri's, a cream and pink t-shirt and my crocs


I am creating... this afghan, although I haven't worked on it at all in the last week. 
 


 


I am going... to try to stay at home as much as possible this week other than piano lessons later this week.


I am wondering... How long it will take for the snow to melt again. 


I am reading...  I read in the book of Ephesians this morning.  Andrew and I started reading the book of Galatians today.  I ordered this book today.  Living Virtuously and am looking forward to reading it. 


I am praying for...
 
* the salvation of loved ones.
* the Tippetts family
*  healing for many
 

  In my kitchen...  We are eating from the cupboards and freezer this week.  I'm not buying anything except some fresh fruit and veggies.  I need to make bread tomorrow.  I have been cutting down on coffee consumption over the last few month.  I was having just two cups each morning but this week have cut it to 1 and a half cups now.  I drink decaf because my body cannot handle much caffeine.  I'd like to just cut to one cup each morning and then switch to water or tea.
 
 
 
In the homeschool room...  Christopher went with Scott in the semi this week.  He packed up all of his school except his Algebra which he needs internet connection for and will do his schooling as they travel this week, checking in with me each evening.
Andrew and I started our Space unit study today.    We are planning a trip to the MN Science Museum but I think we'll wait until we are about halfway into our study before going.  I found a Cursive app for my iPad and purchased it for Andrew to use for practice.  
 
 
A blog link to share...  Yearning for Biblical Motherhood


A Quote I'm Sharing... 

"It is probable that God lets every human being that crosses our path meet us in order that we may have the opportunity of leaving some blessing in his path, and dropping into his heart and life some influence that will draw him nearer to God." ~ A.B. Simpson
 
 
A peek into one of my days... 

Bananagrams with my parents this last Saturday afternoon.

 
 
 
One of my favorite things... last week it was sunsets, this week... sunrises.  :)  This one was from last week.  Notice no snow!  ;)

 
 
 
****************************
 
This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook for March

5 comments:

  1. Yuck on the snow!! What stitch is that for the afghan? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi, the Pattern is called the Textured Stripe Harvest Throw. Design by Tammy Hildebrand. I found it in an old Crochet World magazine (Oct. 2009) Here is a link I found where I think you can download the pattern. https://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC01055&cat_id=302

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is beautiful, Theresa. And doesn't becoming a mommy just make her shine? I'm guessing that it makes her mama shine, too. :) I know the Lord will richly bless you with this new little life.

    Your afghan is very pretty...and the sunrise amazing!

    I hope this finds you doing well. Hugs, Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dianna. It does make me shine. I can't explain what I felt to see her with her little bump. Oh my! <3 I am doing well and hoping you are too. Looking forward to your return to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your daybook! It is fun to see a little glimpse into someone's day.

    I love your afghan! I also love the scripture verse you posted ... that was one of my Mama's favorites.

    ReplyDelete