Thursday, March 19, 2015

March Daybook

For Today... March 19, 2015
 


Outside my window...  The dusting of snow that fell this time yesterday has melted.  The sun did make an appearance today but it was still pretty chilly with the wind.  Andrew and I spotted 3 Robins in the side yard while doing school this morning.  Our first sighting this Spring.  There was also a Mourning Dove ground feeding under the feeder when I was cleaning up in the kitchen after supper.


I am thinking... that I should get up and walk on my treadmill for a bit tonight since I didn't get out for a walk this afternoon while we had company.


I am thankful... for long walks, long talks, new friends, discovering signs of Spring, Andrew's excitement over the littlest of things, and for a clean, quiet house and a free evening to do whatever I want.


I am wearing...  a jean skirt, blue & white long sleeve shirt, knee high socks and my tennis shoes.


I am creating... another new afghan.  I forgot to snap a finished picture of the afghan posted in the last daybook.  It is already gifted to a newly married couple. 
 


 


I am going... to a ladies tea tomorrow afternoon.  I'm looking forward to a few hours of fellowship with some sisters in the Lord.


I am wondering... at how quickly time seems to pass by.  Our daughter turns 21 this week and the years seem to have flown by.


I am reading...  I am currently reading through the book of Romans in my quiet time.  I have a stack of books waiting for me to start but I haven't had time to start a new book recently. 


I am hoping... to see my daughter this weekend.  <3  I hinted at some news I had to share in my last daybook.  I'm going to be a Grandma!  <3  I've so enjoyed adding this special wee one to my prayer time over the last 2 months. 
 

 


I am learning... piano!  I started in February and am having a blast!  Finding the time for practice can be a little tricky though.  It is also giving me a mental workout to learn all of this in my 40's. 
 
 
{Christopher helping me with my flashcards}
 


 
In my kitchen...  currently everything is cleaned, swept and lights off, except for two little lamps.  We hand hamburgers, homemade mac and cheese and corn for supper. I would like to make some freezer meals to bring to my in laws though and am hoping to tackle that on Saturday now that our plans for the weekend have changed.
 
I made this yummy Spring Strawberry Salad for my lunch yesterday.  So yummy!  Spring salad, strawberries, shredded carrots, seasoned croutons and poppy seed dressing.  I will occasionally also add snap peas in the summer.
 
 

 

In the homeschool room...  We are in a transition week.  Andrew is finished with his Shark unit study and we'll be starting a new Space unit study on Monday.  We are almost finished reading through Prudence and the Millers during family worship time.  We have just 3 chapters left. 
 

 
 


 
A favorite quote for today... 
 
“When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die.”
― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship


A peek into one of my days...  My days are not very predictable lately.  I've been having trouble sleeping at night, not necessarily falling asleep but waking up around 2-4 am and being fully awake.  Some nights I struggle with it and fight to fall back asleep but I usually just end up frustrated.  Most often I get up, read my Bible and study a little and then journal.  Around 5am I'm back in bed and fall asleep quickly for a couple of more hours.  I'm thinking it might be hormonal changes but its very hard for me to tell because I had a hysterectomy so I do not have the normal gages of a monthly cycle.
 
 


One of my favorite things... sunsets!  What a glorious display of God's creation!!!
 


 
****************************
 
This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook for March

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the awesome news! That salad looks yummy and the afghan is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete