Monday, April 28, 2014

Daybook

FOR TODAY ~ Monday, April 28th, 2014

Simple-woman-daybook-large

Outside my window...  It's a rainy dreary sort of day and makes me feel tired.

 I'm wearing... cozy warm sweatpants, a t-shirt and socks.

I am hearing...  an audio story.  Andrew is listening to the free story on Sparkles.  I was introduced to Sparkles earlier today after listening to Sarah's Read Aloud Revival podcast.  While listening, Andrew is working on rubberband loom bracelets.

  I am thinking...  that a nap sounds like a lovely idea but I wont be getting one today.

 I am thankful... for the chance to see missionary friends yesterday.

 I am going... to get a new dishwasher this week!  Yay!!

I am pondering... the following from my devotional book reading yesterday.



I am reading... Keeping House

 Around the house... The cloudy day makes the house seem so dark.  We've turned on all the lamps and lit candles.  It's very homey.





In the kitchen... Shrimp stir-fry over brown rice to supper tonight.  Mmm

 From the Learning Room...  Quiet day today - math, grammar, reading and handcrafts.  Andrew is working on bracelets and I'm knitting a set of dishcloths.



We're Creating Building ...  a shop for my husband and sons!  The older boys have be working a few days each week these last two weeks with my father in law preparing the land, digging and placing footings, a drain etc.  Wednesday through Friday of this week they'll be pouring cement.

One of my favorite things... the sweet thoughtful presents that Andrew brings home for me after being with Scott in the semi for a few days.  Wrapped in paper towels and held together with duct-tape.  :-)


A few plans for the rest of the week:  An enjoyable week with my husband home for most of it!!!!  Yay!!!

A peek into my day...  One of my new favorite spots.  I found a little table and some new candle holders and am enjoying having my quiet times up in my rooms each morning.



This post is linked at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment