Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Mid-February Daybook

For Today::  Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

Outside My Window::  It was a beautiful day full of sunshine ad melting snow.  Andrew was begging to please be allowed to go out and build a snowman.  Unfortunately we are under the weather and we're not able to be out enjoying it.

I am Thinking::  About a friend and her family.  They just received devastating news of stage 4 colon cancer.

I am Thankful For::  Hot soothing Lemon Ginger tea with honey and warm comforting soups and oatmeal.

In the Kitchen::  See above.

I am Wearing::  My flannel nightgown and cozy socks.

I am Creating::  An afghan for my daughter's birthday.

I am going::  To bed early!!!!

I am Wondering::  If I'll get to sleep in tomorrow morning.  I hope!

I am Reading::  If I Perish, by Esther Ahn Kim (I would link but for some reason my computer is not letting me highlight text to copy or link).

We Were Looking Forward To:: Seeing our friends at a Valentine's Day party tomorrow but are
unable to go because of sickness.  I have one very sad little boy who made his Valentine box the first day he found out about the party.

I am Learning::   To pay attention to my bodies signals and responses to food.

Around the House::  Lots of coughing, headaches and naps so far this week.  Science today for Andrew was a Magic School Bus video.  A moms gotta do what a moms gotta do.

I am a Wondering::  If anyone even stops by this blog anymore.  :)

One of My Favorite Things::  The amazing faith and trust of a child and my conversation with Andrew on the way home from the doctor today.  He was certain that if Jesus returned in winter and you had a few football cards tucked into the pocket of your winter jacket you would get to take them to Heaven with you.  He also wondered if Jesus would read the Bible to him for his night night story.

A Few Plans For the Rest of the Week::  Just laying low and recovering.

A Peek Into My Day::

Ipad photo fun while we waited for the doctor.  Our doctor was a good sport and let Andrew take some silly pictures of her but we promised her they wouldn't end up on the web.  ;)




1 comment:

  1. "I am a Wondering:: If anyone even stops by this blog anymore. :)"

    I do!!! :) Hope you all are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete