Saturday, June 9, 2012

Praying for our husbands - His words

Words
The Bible says that that life and death are in the power of the tongue (Proverbs 18:21). The Bible has a lot to say on words and so it is an area that we should pay special attention to.  Pray today that your husband would speak God honoring, life giving words that would build up and encourage those around him, both at home and on the job.  
“But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.” –Matthew 15:18

“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearer.” –Ephesians 4:29

“But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.” –Matthew 12:36

“Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.” Colossians 4:6
There really are so many more verses that speak to us about our words, the tongue and what proceeds out of our mouth.  If you have the time, do a word study and look up all the verses.  It might be a good thing to do as a family too.  There was a time in my life when I really struggled with my words and I began a notebook, or what I call a Victory Journal.  I actually have two of them, one on words and the other on healing. When I come across a verse that speaks to one of these areas I write them in my journals along with any notes I might want to add.  This is a great tool to help you in gaining victory over an area in your life.
Father, today I lift up ______________ and his speech.  I pray Lord that you would reveal to him any specifics in regards to his speech that need to be lined up with your word.  I pray Lord that ______________ would have a right and ready word for all that he comes in contact with and that his words would give life and hope to those who hear them.  Impress upon ______________ that he will give account for every idle word and what might be casually seen by others as insignificant are really a weighty matter that requires our diligence and carefulness.  Give ______________ this diligence to speak life giving truth and blessing and not death and cursing.   Most of all Lord, I pray that ______________ would use his mouth to speak your truth to others, that he would sing the Your praises  and give testimony of your goodness in his life that it might be a witness to those he encounters and that every would bring glory to your name.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment