Monday, November 30, 2015

A November Daybook




 
Daybook for November 30, 2015
 

Outside my window...  A very overcast day with snow gently falling, blanketing everything in white.  Mr. Cardinal stands as a bright contrast to all the white.  I'm sure Mrs. Cardinal is around as well.  She tends to hang back a bit though.

I am thinking...  that I am very glad I taught my boys how to do their own laundry.  :)

I am thankful... that my husband strung Christmas lights around the house this weekend.  They look so pretty at night.  If I had my way the entire house and every tree would be covered in lights and the yard decked out with all sorts of decorations.  My husband, bless his Arizona heart, does not like winter and so I am thankful to have 1 single strand of lights around the house. 

I am wearing... Jeans, a pale pink camisole with a hot pink sweater and matching pink socks.

I am hearing... my youngest complain about writing in cursive.  ;)

I am wondering... if I should attempt a nap this afternoon or work on my afghan.

I am creating... an afghan for a Christmas gift.  It is a lacey ripple design done in a boysenberry color.

I am going... to enjoy having gifts arrive by UPS this year rather than shopping in crowded stores.  I am trying, as much as possible, to keep my anxiety level down and the peace of the season in abundance.  A stressful Christmas season robs so much joy from me and my family.

I am reading...  little snippets here and there from various books, nothing cover to cover at the moment.

I am praying... for my daughter this week as she returns to work.

I am remembering... not much lately.  ;)  Ufda!  My memory is NOT what it used to be.  :)

I am hoping... to wrap some presents tonight.

On my mind... My little grandson.  He's a good thing to have on my mind.  :)  Goodness do I adore him and love being a Nana!  He has been smiling and talking to us so much.  It just blesses me so much.  I've been writing Scripture prayers and personal prayers for him in a little book to give to him someday.  <3

From the learning rooms... We began a Christmas Unit Study this week and switched to a different math program. 

I am learning...  that I need more quiet. 

I am looking forward to... seeing my grandson this week. 

From the kitchen... Sugar cookies!  We have a tradition in our family that on the first measurable snow of the winter season pull our snowman cookie jar out of storage and fill it with sugar cookies.

Around the house... Monday is laundry day.  I have two loads processing today and will need to fold and put them away.  Floors were vacuumed, swept and mopped early this morning.  The Christmas tree is up but not yet decorated.  We will most likely save that until next weekend.

One of my favorite things... seeing the joy on my nephews face when I presented him with his new winter hat.  He LOVES everything tractor or (coo coo) as he calls them.  It was so fun to crochet this for him knowing that he would be thrilled with it.

   


A few plans for the rest of the week...  babysitting for my grandson, some more online shopping, lots of crocheting and working on my cookie baking list for the month.

A picture I'm sharing...

 

 
This post is linked with Peggy at The Simple Woman's Blog


2 comments:

  1. Love that hat (I have made one like that in the past). What cute kiddos!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete