Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Quiet Winter Evenings


While the snow quietly fell outside and a Christmas cd played in background, Scott and I worked on a new puzzle together. We enjoy doing puzzles and nothing draws the kids in faster than setting up the table to work on one. They all want to help. I love that! If I could, I would always have a puzzle started but we need the table space for doing school. Still, I think it would be neat to have a smaller table tucked in front of a window with a couple of chairs in front of it. It would be like an open invitation to sit and work on it whenever anyone wanted to.


This night however, it was just Scott and I. The boys were in bed and Samantha was out babysitting. By the time our backs were beginning to ache and we were getting a little blurry eyed we were half way through. Because it was the weekend we were able to leave it up and will work on it as time permits.
I was reminded of this verse from 1 Thessalonians 4:11 - the version quoted below is the NLT

"Make it your goal to live a quiet life,
minding your own business and working with your hands,
just as we instructed you before."

No comments:

Post a Comment